What an easy pattern this is! Now I have a nice little stack of hats ready for donating.
And lots more sock yarn in my stash, just waiting for me.
What pattern are you using? It looks interesting with the earflap looking area. Nice little stack btw 🙂
I started with the 1898 Hat pattern on Ravelry and made adjustments. In the original pattern, the band and ear flap portion is doubled for warmth. I only wanted one thickness so cast on half the stitches called for and went from there. Because I was using sock yarn instead of worsted, the size adjusted itself. I could write it out for you if you aren’t used to making changes to patterns.
I may take you up on the written changes, or you can throw up a “notes” or something on your Ravelry, that way more people might benefit. I might try the pattern as-is in worsted first… Since I changed knitting styles some things get me caught up and confused while I’m trying to figure out the backwards way to do something lol. A chart someone linked for me helps a bunch though.
The hats look great!
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 135 other followers